Fireworks

Fireworks lead to thousands of injuries requiring emergency room treatment, according to the National Fire Protection Association.  These dazzling, but dangerous devices can burn up to 1200 degrees Fahrenheit and can cause burns, lacerations, amputations, and blindness.  Stay safe by always leaving fireworks to professionals.

  • Stay back at least 500 feet from professional fireworks displays.
  • Treat all fireworks, whether legal or illegal for consumers, as suitable only for use by trained professionals.
  • If you find fireworks, do not touch them but instead direct authorities to them.
  • Leave any area where amateurs are using fireworks.